Friday, October 7, 2011

Blogger Dymanic Templates

I was so excited for the new blogger dynamic templates, until I realized they can't really be customized. You aren't allowed to add or remove gadgets which means no google adsense (unless you already have an account), you can't change the color, font, nothing. Basically if all you write are personal posts or post pics without too many words then they might work for you, but if you're a commercial blogger and make money from your site these templates are pretty useless.
I hope blogger will fix this because I like the look and feel of the templates (some remind of tumblr) and the ability to let users easily switch between them, but it needs to be customizable.

I'm testing it out on this blog to see what my readers think, and if the interaction with my is affected by the template.

No comments: