Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beautiful work at home offices

Having a tidy organized work at home office can be the difference between making more and less. Not just because you are organized and can manage things with better ease, but because being in there makes you feel more relaxed than hectic cluttered spaces. Beautiful offices make getting the job done easier.

Creativity flows and you actually want to spend time in there so work actually gets done. If you are in the process of building your home office or are just browsing for some inspiration take a look at the home office spaces below. They may be able to give you some design ideas to beautify your work at home office.


This white office makes a beautiful minimalistic statement. I really like the black accents used, so the office isn't a blinding white slate. Another great idea is the vase with flowers. Having a plant in your office is a good way to bring a bit of the outdoors in and to brighten up the room. Sometimes it's all you need.


Designer Kim Myles creates a colorful home office and family hangout with natural accessories. The wall shelves are a great organization idea, especially for small spaces.


This sleek black office was made for serious business.


If you have the space, a wrap around office is a great idea. This is a custom built office from cheynnemillwork.com. I love the chairs. used in this office space.


This beautiful home office exudes sophistication. It's so simple yet it makes such an impact.



The only word to describe this work at home office is cozy. I'm not sure how much work I'd get done with that tempting window seat calling my name. Yes, I could always do my work there. But I'm sure I'd be taking a few naps.


This all oak work at home office is gorgeous. Crate&Barrel always has great furniture for the home office.


See any patterns in the home offices? I'm noticing that most of them have windows to bring in natural light. As well, there is uniformity in the design as well as personality. When designing your work at home office, make it your own. Try adding pictures of loved ones or drawing from kids. A painting is also a nice idea. It doesn't have to be grand, but it should be a place you want to spend time in. Now I'm in the mood to go shopping for my own home office.

Adelaide Kwaning

No comments: