Friday, October 17, 2008

Best work at home day

Photobucket


My ideal day is—everyday. Everyday I wake up knowing I’m going to have an awesome day. I’m a cheery person as is, so it doesn’t take a lot to make me smile. It does take a bit to impress me though, but that’s another story.

But I’ll admit even chipper me can have moments in my ideal day that aren’t ideal. Days when my work at home business just isn’t going the way I want it to, days when I can’t seem to communicate effectively, moments when it seems like I’m fighting with my business rather than just working. I don’t mean days when the printer is jammed, or all my emails can’t be received, but days when emotionally I feel like asking myself, “why am I working so hard?”

When you work from home you learn really quickly to put others first-- your customers, your clients-- sometimes I’m left asking myself what’s in it for me. What am I getting out of it?

It doesn’t take long to remember, I put up with the jammed printer, the ridiculous deadlines, even the minor butt kissing for my long term happiness. I need to do this. It’s not really a choice for me. I have very few other options. But it’s also a personal challenge.

Each day something less than perfect happens, I have to collect my patience, dive into the problem solver within me and see if I can turn things around. I also learn that sometimes you have to let go, that even in a work at home business you can’t control everything. Sometimes you have to throw in the towel.

Working from home teaches you things about yourself that you would otherwise not have a chance to learn. Sure you’re working, you’re busting your butt for a so called better life but you are also developing yourself personally. You’re cultivating your imagination. It takes of lot of that to get through a day sometimes. You are learning to reach out to people in a genuine manner. Fake doesn’t sell well online. And at the end of the day, even if you haven’t reached your sales goal, you can still pat yourself on the back.

Every day is a good day, or at least I know if I can just get through this one the best day is coming right up.

Adelaide Kwaning

No comments: